So today was one of those days when I looked up from whatever I was doing to see Drew doing something (most likely nothing particularly monumental) and thought, WHEN DID HE GET SO BIG!?!?! I have not done a great job of posting about Drew's specific milestones or personality traits lately, so I want to take the time to make note of a few things that come to mind when I think about my favorite boy.
1. Teething seems to be torture for him. I'm sure it's no different for other kids, but for all of us it is the first time we have experienced this whole teething thing in all its glory. His two top teeth are cutting through, and as a result he does not eat, sleep, or even fuss in the same manner that he did even just a month ago. I use teething as an excuse for pretty much everything (mainly my social shortcomings), but honestly there are some days when I just want to snuggle with my cranky boy until he's happy again.
2. We have been saying that he is on the verge of walking for like two months now, but he has yet to take any steps. I am fine with that. At this point I have given up on the walking early thing even after all the warnings from people who saw how mobile he was at 6-9 months. With my luck I'll stop focusing on the walking thing and then look up one day to see him taking off without any warning.
3. He loves books. I promise I'm not just saying that because I love them and want my child to find joy in reading. He is very blessed to have lots of toys, but our floor is constantly littered with more books than anything else. He flips through the pages, licks the pages, chews the pages, "talks" about the pages. I have to stop myself from interfering with his independent play sometimes because I want so badly to be a part of whatever he is doing and learning.
4. He loves to be outdoors. He would prefer to eat grass or wood chips when at the park, but he also loves to stroll and swing.
When I was working, I often found myself wishing the days away. I hated feeling that way, but I was always happiest when I was home. I am by no means happy all day every day now that I am at home (Todd would definitely call me out if I tried to pull that one), but I do try to slow down and make each day last as long as possible. I love that Drew has changed me in that way.

Worn out after a trip to the park

Outside in our front yard

We love Sonic! (a lot)

Yay, books!
He is a big boy, Linds! He now prefers wearing t-shirts and shorts over onesies and baby leggings...he told me so. It makes my heart happy and sad all at the same time.
ReplyDeleteI wish we lived closer together because it seems like our boys are SO much alike. Teething is a pain for us as well. James is almost crawling. He will sit still and read books for long than you'd expect a 6-month-old to. If he's crying, I take him outside and it immediately fixes whatever the problem was. (And we frequent Sonic at least once a week for a Diet Vanilla Coke. Mmm...) Drew's a cutie!
ReplyDeleteLauren (Hasty) Fresh