Friday, July 17, 2009

And we're back!

For now at least. I know it has been over a month since anything has been posted, so I wonder if anyone will even read this.

What a month it has been! Drew is quite the character already, and while some of his endearing characteristics have caused me much stress in these early days, I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. However, my first impression of parenthood is that it is so much harder and so much more life altering than I ever imagined. He is not a fan of sleeping when we are unless we are holding him, and just when we think he is getting on a reasonable schedule he throws that idea out the window by taking an absurd amount of naps, eating ferociously at inopportune times, or deciding to do his most amazing and precious tricks yet at 4 in the morning. But oh, how we love our chunky monkey.

Speaking of chunks, I will make it my personal mission to take pictures of his new rolls and chunks, as they are my pride and joy these days. Any indication of weight gain is a personal victory since Drew's chubbiness is proof that I am doing my job.

This past week we took Drew on his first vacation to St. Simons with my family. It was wonderful, and we were all sad to leave. Even though he spent his days in the shade (usually sleeping), Drew's ability to handle the trip so well made me extremely happy. Maybe, just maybe he will be a great traveling boy, and we can continue to have friends and see family as much as we'd like.

To anyone reading this who has not totally given up on our blog, please know that we will be updating it and adding pictures on a regular basis again. We are so excited to share Drew's life with you!

Drew's first bath

What a difference a month makes! Even though some of you may think this is cruel, I love this picture. Drew obviously HATED his first bath, but now he adores the water. I will post some recent pictures of the little frog soon...

2 comments:

  1. Casey, Your little Drew is a darling boy, whether he loves his bath or not (and eventually he will like it). I've been late in sending you something, so please bear with me. "Stuff" is going on here. I'm grateful for the update and seeing Bev's pics on Facebook. I need to head south to visit our boy sometime!!
    Love forever,
    Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had faith you would come back! The beginning is so hard. When you look back you will wonder how you made it. Then you will totally forget it when your baby sleeps 12 hours straight!! :) Sounds like you are doing well!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete