Tuesday, May 5, 2009

6 week countdown (ahhhh!)

I am learning very quickly that there is not much time to write on this blog...and Drew isn't even here yet! This past Saturday my teaching teammates threw me a baby shower, and it was so much more than I had expected. Some of the highlights from the shower included a diaper cake decorated to match Drew baby's nursery colors, nursery colored M&M's (doesn't take much to impress me), Zaxby's chicken and 24 containers of Zax sauce (yes, I ate or will be eating them all), and the most delicious petit fours I have ever tasted in my entire life. Even though food is a major highlight and necessity for me these days, I managed to stop stuffing my face long enough to enjoy the company of my shower guests who are some of the most hilarious and entertaining people I have ever known. They are the main reason I will not go running and screaming out of the building on the last day of school...



I left my shower with a Boppy, Bumbo, bouncer, and many other important baby items with funny names...all of which I knew NOTHING about just 8 months ago. Nevertheless, Todd and I had fun putting things together and talking to our invisible baby. Drew's room is nowhere near presentable according to themed nursery standards, but I am very pleased with what we have so far. If I could just stay awake when I get home from school, then maybe I could start organizing the chaos that has taken over our beloved red guest room. For those of you who are interested in nursery colors and things of that sort, here is a picture of the crib and bedding. Yep, that's the extent of my decorating for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment