Tonight I am mourning the loss of my status as a UGA student. Yes, my friends, I finally graduated from my master's program after two long and interesting years. However, I don't want to mislead you into thinking that I am complaining about how long it took me to complete the program; quite frankly, I would have enjoyed taking classes for several more years...maybe forever. Big time nerd, I know. I prefer the term "lifelong learner."
I defended my portfolio tonight, and it was rather anticlimactic. After only 30 minutes of relatively casual conversation about all the amazing things I have learned, I was done. Even though I'm sure Drew and I will have some intriguing discussions about teaching reading in the secondary classroom and acknowledging multiple literacies in today's schools, I'm seriously worried about what I'm going to do without some sort of graduate work in my life. For now, I'll welcome book recommendations.
By the way, I had another doctor's appointment this morning. Apparently Drew is not fazed by the lack of space even though a lot of babies start to calm down and stop moving as much at this point in the pregnancy. Not Baby Sticky--he is as active as ever. We will get to see him again on the 26th, as we have what is expected to be our last ultrasound scheduled for that morning. Can't wait...
Congratulations, Mistress of the Masters.
ReplyDeleteHi Casey! Congrats on finishing your Master's before the little one gets here! And congrats on the little one, too!
ReplyDelete