Not physically of course. I suddenly feel very large and uncomfortable no matter what I do. Sleep eludes me, and those of you who really know me know how much I adore sleep. It is not the best phase of my pregnancy...or life in general. A girl in my class told me today that when I'm at the front of the room teaching she feels like my baby is looking at her. He is stuffed in there so tightly that she might be right. His elbows, knees, and feet often make an appearance.
I am still feeling slightly glorious, though. I will no longer teach 7th grade students as of next Wednesday, and I will be completely moved out of my room and free of ALL my teaching responsibilities on Friday. Bliss is within my reach... I don't hate my job by any means, but I need summer break BADLY. Just maybe I'll have a few weeks to wrap my brain around this whole baby thing before he gets here...
Casey, I love your descriptions. I can just see little Drew surveying the class and letting his presence be known. He might be ready to enter this world a little sooner than planned! Thanks so much for blogging about your experience.
ReplyDeleteyayyy for summer!!
ReplyDeleteand case, i would like to request a picture of you and that baby belly be posted. and be aware if you choose not to, I may have to figure out a way to post some segments of Casey Jesse Raphael online. :-)