I have been an awful blogger these past few weeks, and I have been reminded of that by multiple people. Sorry, guys.
I am 37 weeks which means that Drew is a full term baby and could arrive with no problem any minute now. Pretty crazy. Sometimes--like when I am wide awake in the middle of the night and Todd is dead asleep and my mind is wandering--that reality freaks me out. However, most of the time I am analyzing every move Drew makes and every (tiny) twinge of pain in hopes that it is a sign of labor. It has been a good run, but I'm ready for him to GET OUT.
We went to the doctor on Tuesday and had a final ultrasound. Unfortunately we could not see his face because he is in position to exit and is facing my back, but we do have a lovely shot of his rear and his little man parts. Todd is of course really proud of that one, but I refuse to post it because I actually think it looks somewhat vulgar. I'm not just being weird; I've had other people look at it and confirm this feeling. (Thanks, Meg and McCall...that's what real friends are for...to let you know when the scrotum picture is too much.)
Other helpful information was given at this doctor's appointment. All of it seemed to support my campaign for Drew to COME OUT NOW, but I think he has Todd's laidback personality and has no desire to rush anything. He is 6 lbs., 4 oz. (larger than I was at birth), has "happy" breathing patterns (meaning that he is using his diaphragm and would be able to breathe with no problem and no stress whatsoever), and has a slightly larger than average head. Now, that last comment may concern you the same way that it concerned me when I first heard it. First of all, I wanted to know if that meant that something was wrong with him and that I should be worried about his well-being. The doctor assured us that it isn't anything to fret over, so Todd immediately began picking on our child and saying that he has been cursed with the Dickey fathead. Those of you who know my siblings (Mitchell in particular) may have noticed that they have large heads. I'm sure many people attribute the oversized look of their heads to their thick and voluminous hair, but they are wrong. They would still sport big heads even if they were bald (and did as babies). I'm fine with Drew joining them in their big head club, but this new development gives me yet another reason to coax him out NOW.
In other news, the nursery is done (pictures will be posted soon), and I'm officially swelling like a balloon (pictures will not be posted soon). Sorry to disappoint those of you who want to see belly shots, but I'm not sure those will make it. Todd has tried to catch me with the camera on several occasions, but he knows better than to post anything without my consent. We may try to get some belly only shots, but I'm not going to promise anything.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh, Uncle Brooksie, where did your insightful comments go? I was just about to share them with Todd :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're having fun so early in the morning. I was also up, but not having fun...